Important info

Race Day is April 16th, 2011
9 am is the ride start time.

This may be obvious but I need to state the necessary things for riders to have with you on the ride. I won't be checking you over, but if you're missing one of these pieces you may find yourself stranded.

Mandatory:
  1. Cycling computer with trip distance functions.
  2. Helmet. Don't be an idiot and show up without a helmet. No one wants to call the cops trying to describe where they are and have a helicopter come to pick you up because you smashed your head wide open.
  3. Handle bar map case. Cyco Active makes a sweet map case that Peak Sports will be stocking.
  4. Cash. I'm pretty sure the Burnt Woods and Summit general store take credit, but cash is universal and a safe bet for a small transaction, plus it comes in handy as a tire boot or home made bandage.

PSA

This is in no way a race more of a friendly uncompetitive group ride. It will be officially conducted as a group ride and until further notice will require riders to acquire their own Starker Forest use permit.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

update and in the process of deciding on where to start



So this morning I chose to hop on the motor bike and go ride north of Corvallis. Ideally I'd ride my bike on these roads, but I was under some time constraints and it's been weeks since I last rode my motorcycle. BTW the motor bike was great in Minnesota, but when you work 9-6 Monday thru Friday, the weekend screams bike riding and leaves little time for the motorcycle.

This morning I rode north to Adair Village and then west into the farms and hills. I found some great dirt roads, but came to realizing the beginning of the race may start on paved roads for the first 5 miles or so. Not terrible, but ideally I'd like the race to start on dirt roads. I'd also like to omit the whole crossing of 99W.

I checked out Fall City's bakery today as well. I must say the lattes there are great, could have used a little more froth, but no big deal. Their sweet rolls are huge and delicious.

Here's a shot of how beautiful the ride could be. We can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment