Important info

Race Day is April 16th, 2011
9 am is the ride start time.

This may be obvious but I need to state the necessary things for riders to have with you on the ride. I won't be checking you over, but if you're missing one of these pieces you may find yourself stranded.

Mandatory:
  1. Cycling computer with trip distance functions.
  2. Helmet. Don't be an idiot and show up without a helmet. No one wants to call the cops trying to describe where they are and have a helicopter come to pick you up because you smashed your head wide open.
  3. Handle bar map case. Cyco Active makes a sweet map case that Peak Sports will be stocking.
  4. Cash. I'm pretty sure the Burnt Woods and Summit general store take credit, but cash is universal and a safe bet for a small transaction, plus it comes in handy as a tire boot or home made bandage.

PSA

This is in no way a race more of a friendly uncompetitive group ride. It will be officially conducted as a group ride and until further notice will require riders to acquire their own Starker Forest use permit.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Inception

Hello,

My name is Andrew Pierre and I come from the land of 10,000 lakes. Not only do I come from a land of lakes, but I come from a land of free dirt road racing. Minnesota has a huge layout of dirt roads which offer some fantastic scenes. Even though the state may seem flat and littered with hundreds of acres of corn, the dirt roads there traverse a land scape of serene river valleys which offer some long and grueling hills.

That being said, my mission is to organize a free dirt road race for the people of Oregon. The race will be unsupported, full of hills, dirty, gritty, painful, but most of all fun!

Being that I am now committing myself to this I am planning on scheduling this race sometime in April or May. Late enough so its not too cold, but still in the rainy season. Length of the race will be at least 62miles but no more than 110 miles. A majority of, if not all of the race will done on logging roads.

I invite you all to follow the progression of this and to spread the word that Willamette Valley will have a dirt road race that will explore the logging roads of the coastal range.

Stay tuned for more updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment